Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daybreak





Thanks to an old friend of mine we found a place that made me and my boys a little less homesick. Wendi lives near a man-made lake in the middle of a housing community called Daybreak. (It's really like a mini city.) The kids were in heaven digging in the dirt, wading in up to their necks, and peeing in the water and off the dock. Just like old times. Even Owen liked the water.

Collin and Wendi's little boy Will are the same age and have become fast friends. We hang out once or twice a week now. And every time we get home Collin asks me how many more days until he sees his friend Will again. Then he continues to ask me almost every day until the anticipated day arrives, and then it starts all over again.

I'm so glad he's found a friend already...and I'm so glad that it gives me an excuse to hang out with Wendi again. We met in college, well in Europe actually, on a study abroad. She has been a close friend ever since. Even though I haven't seen her much in the last four years (that's how long I lived in Oregon), when we got together it felt like no time had passed at all. She is an amazing mother, a loyal friend and full of good ideas. She is just fun to be around. I feel lucky to count her as a friend.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Thanks April! I needed that! I'm so fortunate to count you as my friend as well! And it's a major perk that our boys get along so well too! Love you!! Can't wait for our next adventure!

mIcHeLLe said...

hey April..I saw your blog site post and checked it out...and it's funny because we built a house in Daybreak.... thanks for letting me check out your cute blog...your family is so cute!

Emily said...

So glad to hear the boys have friends already! Wendi looks as beautiful as you, and sounds like you are still two peas in a pod.