Thursday, June 12, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Today was Collin's last day of preschool. I attended his graduation tonight. (Merritt stayed home with Luke who was sick...and the NBA finals game just happened to be on.) I know many may think preschoolers don't need graduations, but I decided tonight that they do. It helped me realize how fast time flies. I began to imagine Collin receiving a more legitimate diploma someday, and I admit the thought caused me to get a little teary-eyed. I just want to cherish every minute between now and then.

I love my boys so much.

Collin's glowing report card indicated that his strengths were his social skills. He is courteous, a good friend, a good listener, and works well independently. Miss Kristi said she appreciates most his sense of humor. Collin is always quick to smile and laugh, or do something silly that makes others smile and laugh. Over the summer, she encouraged us to practice naming letters, cutting with scissors, and fastening snaps, buttons and zippers.

It's true. Collin is too lazy to snap, button or zip. And to make matters worse, he is afraid to flush the toilet. Our toilet flooded one day when Collin used it and he hasn't flushed a toilet since! He's also afraid of bumble bees. (This is a fear we share.)

Collin and I are now looking forward to summer. We are excited to spend our days gardening, riding bikes, catching bugs, playing baseball, swimming at the lake, and camping under the stars.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats Collin! Sounds to me like he's successful in what matters most, that is so rewarding and wonderful! Who worries about their kid not being able to cut in five years, but be a good friend, that's all together different. :) Way to go Collin!
love, Auntie Em

Pam said...

I was just watching Collin ride his new bike down the street and thinking about how fast he is growing up. I am so proud of you Collin. Thanks for the great talks you had with Grandpa while he was resting his hurt knee. You really cheered him up.

Love,
Grandma