Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Brother and Abi Are Having a Baby Girl...


Abi, me, and my sister Amy at the baby shower.

The view from the back porch during brunch.

Loved the pink straws in the old-fashioned milk bottles.

Best french toast I've ever eaten in my life (from Kneaders).

Loved this embroidered alphabet.

The candy shop...no money required. Loved the doll house.

The blanket Amy made for Abi from vintage baby fabrics.

So cute.

Abi's best friend Page, who is also having a baby girl.

Abi with her cute mom.

My brother and his wife are having the first girl baby in the family. We are all so excited. (After five boys it's about time!) The irony is that Ryan HATED being the only boy in our family growing up. And he wanted a boy baby so badly. But I guess the stars are stacked against him. We all know he'll love her though. He'll be a great dad. Baby is due to arrive end of November.

Today was Abi's baby shower. It was the most elegant baby shower I've ever been to. Abi has a friend that should be a professional party planner. I've attached some photos. I totally love Abi. She is so fun and nice. She is perfect for my brother. And, it's great to have another sister in the family. We all enjoyed a night out together, just mom and sisters. I'm so happy for her and Ryan.

My sister Amy made Abi a REALLY cute blanket out of vintage baby sheets. Check it out. I gave her a bath tub, bunny towel, and soap. Not nearly as cool, but practical at least. My mom and Jill missed it because they're in California. These pictures are for you Mom!

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

Hi April! Abi gave me the link to your blog. I loved seeing your pictures & I'm so glad you enjoyed the shower! We had a lot of fun planning and putting it together.
I bet your Mom is so thrilled to finally get a granddaughter! You can always count on Abi to pull through!! I think the stars were aligned for this little miracle. She will change the world and steal Ryan's heart in an instant.

I also have some darling pictures of you and Amy and of the cute quilt she made. What is your email? ~ I'll send them to you.

velinda said...

love the "Best Friends" Tees, how fun is that?