Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn Leaves



We drove up Ogden Canyon on Saturday to enjoy the autumn leaves. We ended up on the Wheeler Creek Trail. The kids loved throwing rocks in the creek while we walked. I loved the leaves.

I don't think there is anything more beautiful than a mountain full of trees all changing into brilliant colors. I think leaves are my favorite thing in nature. With a close second being the moon.

The other night we watched a sliver of a moon dangling just over the great Salt Lake where the sun had just set and turned the sky pink. It was so beautiful.

Whenever Owen sees the moon he shouts, "Mom! Mom! Moooooon!" I love it. And I love that he loves the moon. Although he also has the same reaction about school buses.

School buses are not beautiful. But they do bring our children home. And I think that's what Owen loves about them. They bring his brother back to him.

3 comments:

rat said...

I love leaves too! I have all different kinds of leaves pinned on the walls in our classroom, they are so pretty. We also made leaf people inspired by the story Leaf Man by Lois Elhart. Check it out you'll love it.
My next favorite in nature would be water then moss. You have a beautiful family April. Your kids are so lucky to have parents that take the time to share nature with them. Missing you all. Love, Amber & co.

R. B said...

This looks like a fun family outing, I love seeing Mert with the boys, and the mountain in the back ground...we kinda miss those.
My fav. part of this post is your love for the moon and it was so poetic the way you described it. I love leaves too and I tell you MN delivers some pretty ones.

velinda said...

Ahhhh, what a handsome family. No brag, just fact. Fall has to be the best time of year.