Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat



With candy available everywhere (our church activity, the shops on Bay Street and neighborhood trick-or-treating), we came away with quite a hall. It's a good thing there is no shortage on sweet tooths in this family. I'm sure the candy will be gone in no time.

As a child, my favorite part about trick-or-treating was coming home and searching through my stash. I wanted to know how many of each type of candy I had come home with. I would sort it out and savor my favorites for months. This year Collin wanted to separate out all of his bubble gum (to make sure Luke didn't get it). And because bubble gum was his favorite.

We had fun dumping all of the candy out on our kitchen table at the end of the night to search for gum, while Luke tried to open every sucker and take a lick. Personally, I searched for the Baby Ruth candy bars. They're my current favorite. I think Merritt and I ate as much candy as the kids, which was a lot. Hopefully we'll survive these next few weeks of sugar overdose. May the force be with me!

1 comment:

Emily said...

My new fav. as of Halloween is Snickers with Almonds, never had before--yum! I have ALWAYS loved BabyRuths, may they live on forever!