Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Return of the Jedi



When Collin turned four I decided he was at last old enough to watch Star Wars. They were my favorite movies as a child by far. I played Star Wars with my neighborhood friends almost every day. I couldn't wait until Collin was old enough to watch them with me.

I couldn't have been more happy with his reaction. He loved Episode IV instantly. He wanted to sleep with his light "saver" that night. And when he woke up the next morning, he announced that he was going to marry Princess Leia (because she was "really neat"). It's been great to hear the sound of light sabers and space ships around here again. My son has now been opened up to a whole new world of pretend play. When daddy gets home, it's time for sword fights with Vader. I love it!

So when I asked Collin what he wanted to be for Halloween I wasn't surprised when he shouted decisively, "Luke Skywalker!" I thought it was a great idea. I would be Princess Leia, of course, and Daddy could be Darth Vader. But who should Luke be? Collin again must be credited for this brilliant idea. He suggested Yoda. How perfect. And thanks to my generous mother who provided the costumes, our family enjoyed a fabulous Halloween as an entire Star Wars family.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

SO unbelievably cute, it KILLS me!!! Your hair is AWESOME, and you're little clan is AMAZING.

Emily said...

April, you will have to tell Collin that auntie Em's first 'crush' just happened to be Luke Skywalker, with Peter Pan a close second. :) I didn't know you loved those movies growing up. Did your mom make them, find them, or what? They are PERFECT! I seriously was stunned how beautiful you make as a Leah, when the kids clicked into the blog for the first time. Go Darth VADOR!!!