Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke!




Luke is obsessed with the movie Cars. He asks me every day to watch "Speed". So it was pretty easy to find a way to make Luke's 2nd birthday special.

We made a race track cake donning Chick Hicks, Mr. The King, and Lightning McQueen. Then we used some old rain gutters my parents had just taken down off their house to make racing ramps. All we needed were some match-box sized toy cars.

My sister Amy kindly donated her entire Cars collection since we had left ours back home. Every kid at the party seemed to enjoy it. And it was so good to see all the Mitchell cousins! There are nine cousins now (all ages 4 and under), with two more on the way. Wow! That's impressive.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Ahah! I caught you!! I KNOW you are in Utah now!!! I know you have a ton of family to visit but if you could squeeze in a minute to visit I would be so very happy!! PLEASE CALL ME!

Rob and Marseille said...

what a cute cake!!!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Oh, my gosh. I wish I had some rain gutters around here! That's perfect! TWO pregnancies on the Mitchell side?! Who else?!