Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Tessa













Tessa is already one-year-old. She loves water and baths more than any kid I've seen. Hence the rubber duck cake. Tessa practically swims as soon as I put her in the bath. She lays down and starts waving her arms and kicking her legs. She'll come up for a breath of air, then go right back down into the water. After her bath, she takes a morning nap with her rubber ducks.

Her favorite book is Eric Carle's Ten Little Rubber Ducks. I recently took her to a pond near our home so she could meet some real ducks. I'm hoping to take her to the ocean this summer. So she can meet the other animals in her book. For now, we just fill her water table with bubble bath and rubber ducks. She is a happy girl. She spends hours each day playing in her water table. I change her clothes about three times a day because she's always getting wet.

It's so fun to see her learn new things. She's really learning fast now, doing new things every day as she explores her world. I took a moment to remember her birth. I still remember the first time I held her in my arms. Happy birthday, Tessa. I love you, darling girl.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh! I can't wait to meet her. Water lover, a girl after my own heart.
Amber

velinda said...

And how glad we are to have Tessa on the planet! Her infectious smile and delight in life are a joy to all! My only sorrow is that my life has been in such an orbit that I've had less opportunity to enjoy her. It defines the saying "life is not fair!" So glad you took the time to post how she's goin' and growin' for us all to see and remember forever!

Emily said...

What a treat to step into her happy world of water and duck, and I'm glad you helped her find her love for ducks.