Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two Approaches to Coloring Eggs








Luke keeps surprising me. He's so different than his brother. For example, on Friday night our family colored the traditional Easter eggs. Collin carefully colored every egg and gently placed them into the egg carton. Then he wouldn't let people eat them because they were too pretty.

Luke colored one egg...then decided to break it and peel it and eat it and smash it into the table so as to make the biggest mess possible. Strangely, he then tried to pick up the broken and half-eaten egg pieces and put them back into the carton. This is not just because he's two. Collin was nothing like this at two. Go figure.

The happy ending to this story is that we managed to keep forty-three eggs from breaking. This was enough for the Easter bunny to hide for a Sunday morning egg hunt before church. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Pam said...

April you read my mind. I called you today to see if you had time to post some Easter photos and here they are. I wish I could have been there to dye eggs. I boiled eggs but they stayed white. I asked Dad and Ryan what kind of Easter candy they wanted most and they both said they just wanted deviled eggs. We have consumed many in the last few days. The boys look so cute and little Owen slept through the photo shoot and the boys don't have any chocolate on their clothes! You make it look so easy.
Love you all, Mom

Unknown said...

april,
that's funny! love the picture of your son with the eggs in his mouth--kinda' reminds me of the picture i took of you when you showed me your mouth full of chocolate pudding! do you remember? i'll have to show you, i know it's around here somewhere...