Sunday, March 15, 2009

All You Need Is Love




My mom and sister are in town to help me. They've been wonderful about doing the cooking and the laundry and taking care of Collin and Luke. All I've had to do is eat and nurse and lay on the couch with my sleeping infant on my chest. So I have really bonded with little Owen.

I love the stillness I feel when he looks at me. It's like he's telling me that he knows I am his mother. There truly is something special about holding a newborn child. You feel heaven near.

The name Owen means "born of nobility". We chose this name because we want him to always remember he is a child of God, having a divine nature and destiny. I feel so grateful and happy to have the family that I do. I love all my boys so much, and my husband will always be God's greatest gift to me.

The other day our family drove out to the ocean in a rain storm just to get out of the house. We sat in the car and watched the waves and just talked about how amazing it is to be parents. We love how our kids have brought us closer together and brought so much joy to us. All you need is love...love is all you need.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SULLIVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
hold on--let me calm down for a second---
[sigh]
ok
WHAT IN THE WORLD?!!?!!!!!!
[big hug]
YOU HAVE 3 BOYS! AND YOU JUST HAD A BABY!
i finally found you!!!--i mean--YOU found me!! i was so excited to see your comment in my inbox! it totally made my day! i let out an audible squeal when i realized who it was!
(k--i really haven't turned into a freak--i just have no life--ha ha!)
AND YOU HAVE 3 BOYS!
i would ask what you are up to and where you are, etc. but i have spent the last hour looking at everything on your blog(s). ha ha! isn't the internet great?!
DID YOU KNOW YOU HAVE 3 BOYS?!!
this has been the strangest week! long story short--i have been praying for a good resource to home-school pre-school my hollynd and well well well--just look at you! i'm so excited to dive into the resources you have on your preschool blog! AAAAAaaand...
YOU HAVE THE CUTEST NEW BABY!! AND YOU HAVE 3 BOYS!!
i just barely started planning a 15 year class reunion (i know, i know--i bet that really excites you, huh?)
anyway, i just want to say that i'm very green with envy that you live on the coast! i took my two girls on an trip up the coast with my sisters and mom a couple years ago and they loved it. i'm trying to talk lynn into going this summer; he has never been there. the oregon coast is my most favoritest place in the world. DANG IT! i could've visited you! so--do you go and make out in the redwood forest a lot? :D k, this comment is turning into a novel. (i'm just so excited!)
i seriously just need to call or chat with you! email me your phone number or something! hayliebowler@gmail.com