Saturday, August 30, 2008

Airport Appreciation Day



Only in a small town like Florence would there be such a thing as Airport Appreciation Day. I love it! All morning we toured small airplanes and medical helicopters belonging to the hospital and Coast Guard. The kids ate free hot dogs. And after waiting in a very long line, we even got a free ride in an airplane!

Collin was so brave. He loved it. And I got to steer us over the ocean then turn us back around toward Florence. Wow! What a trip! When we arrived home Collin said, "Mom, I want to be a pilot when I grow up." And that's why I love taking my kids to these things. They get inspired, and I get to watch their little minds awaken to all the possibilities in life.

2 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

Lucky! Christopher would have loved that!

Emily said...

He looks like he is purely joyful!

....Also looks really blonde, and a lot like Merritt!