Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swimming with a Shiner


I've been trying to get pictures of Collin at swimming lessons all week. Luke has not really cooperated, however. The last day of swimming lessons was approaching. I decided this was my last chance. I even gave the boys haircuts the night before so they'd be nice and handsome. But alas, just minutes before it's time to leave for the last swimming lesson tragedy strikes. Luke pushes the front door open and the door knob slams right into Collin's eye. It instantly turns purple and begins to swell. My hopes for at least one great photo are out the window. Oh well. The important thing is that Collin had a great time at his lessons. He was always the last one out of the pool. And now he's got "skills". His skills include floating on his back and moving both his arms in large circles (similar to a back stroke). Very exhilarating for him. I was a very proud mother. And miraculously I did get one picture where the shiner didn't show much. (Mom's got some "skills" of her own.)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love the reference to Napolean!!! Skills all around!!! We are ganna try swim lessons next year!! They have a class that I can put each kid in, and then be in the class with Hazel, but this year, I would need a babysitter for either Hazel or Rawl...at the rate Rawl is going now, I still can't picture him able to go to a swim class without one one one ....wrestling shall we say, so we'll see!

Wendi said...

I KNEW you were pregnant! I have been thinking of you lately and knowing how you always said you wanted 4 and close together... I was thinking it was about time:) Congratulations! It's good to know that even though you are far away, I still seem to be getting your vibes!

Katie said...

April!!!

Wow!! Congrats!! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see you guys when you come down!

Love you!

Katie

Rob and Marseille said...

Congrats on being pregnant! I bet Colin loved making strawberry jam. Christopher helped me make apricot last night.